[ANN] www.krugle.com --- xtalk not a real language

Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com
Thu Jul 20 17:08:06 EDT 2006

On 07/20/2006, at 3:17 PM, Richmond Mathewson wrote:
> If you poke about on the krugle site it is stated that it is devoted to
Open Source languages.
> and, Here, We, Go, Again . . .
> now we all know that the MetaCard IDE is open source
> we all know that the Engine that drives both MC and RR is proprietary
> so where does that leave xTalk / MetaTalk / Transcript ???
> this is probably one of the reasons it is no included on the Krugle
site.
> sincerely, Richmond Mathewson

I don't think the site exclusive to open source languages, but are
supportive of them. Krugle itself was designed using open source
technologies. Code snippets -can be- open source (when placed into the
public domain) even if written in a commercial language. Therefore, I
believe xtalks should be generally supported. This is how they describe
the krugle search engine: "Unlike conventional search engines, Krugle is
designed to locate code. Krugle supports code search by crawling, parsing
and indexing code found in all open source repositories, as well as code
that exists in archives, mailing lists, blogs, and web pages."

See, they mention mailing lists. Aren't we a mailing list? It looks like
it should be able to index our list if they only had an xtalk category.

Roger Eller <roger.e.eller at sealedair.com>