Standalone Builder eBook Input

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Thu Jul 20 15:31:32 EDT 2006

Two areas (nagging questions) that I've oft wondered about and would like to
see covered in a book authoritatively:

1) Installers. What are my options? Are any free? Is there one done in Rev
itself? What about InstallShield?

2) How do I "sign" an application (or get it signed) so users don't get that
scary security dialog box when trying to run the program under Windows?

And on the recommendation front:

- I have had great success using Axialis Icon Workshop to create
cross-platform (Mac and Windows) icons. I just make the icon in the drawing
program of my choice, save a PNG, and the program automatically makes all
the necessary icons in the required sizes, bit depths, and file formats in
one step. The program also has a nice, integrated bitmap editor in case I
want to tweak any of the auto-generated icons.