"There Was a Problem Saving the Standalone Application"

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Thu Jul 20 11:28:02 EDT 2006

Dan, et al:

Are you by any chance compiling v2.7+ stacks that were created in an
earlier version of Revolution?

If so, I have good news and you know what--

Good news:  I originally encountered this when transferring
uncompressed v2.1.2 stacks on one computer to another.  Many of the
stacks compiled successfully when I compressed them on the source
computer and expanded them on the destination computer.

You know what:  Some other stacks didn't, and the only solution I
found was to rename the stack, create a new stack with the original
name, and copy & paste controls & scri[pts.  The first couple I
copied & pasted one control (or group) at a time, compiling between
each addition in an effort to find THE control that caused the
problem.  I never found it, and next time I would try select all,
copy, paste and move stack & card scripts before trying it peacemeal.

Something I haven't tried but just thought of: try saving the stack
in legacy format and then reopening it.  Probably won't help; but if
your source stacks were not created in v2.7+ format, it's a quick
expirement.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company