"There Was a Problem Saving the Standalone Application"

Dan Shafer revolutionary.dan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 18:46:36 EDT 2006

Nothing infuriates me more than meaningless error messages from development
tools. (OK, OK, there are some things in life and politics that infuriate me
more, but they don't count right now!)

I'm working on my eBook on building standalones and for the first time in a
long time, I cannot get a fairly simple application to create a standalone.
I've tried everything I know of and have spent 3 hours on this, so it's time
to raise a white flag.

The app is a single stack with a single card. It uses libURL to do some FTP
stuff. I've set up the standalone settings the way I think they should be.
I've tried both explicitly including the Internet library and letting Rev
search for the needed libraries. I've tried including and excluding the
standard dialogs (which my app doesn't use). I've tried building only for OS
X and only for Windows and both at the same time. I've tried building the
app under 2.6.1 and 2.7.2.  I've confirmed I can build a standalone in 2.6.1and
2.7.2 from another stack with the same basic set of settings.

What else can I look for? What could cause this oh-so-helpful error messag?