player result codes?

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Wed Jul 19 18:12:43 EDT 2006

On Jul 19, 2006, at 2:59 PM, Scott Rossi wrote:

> Recently, Trevor DeVore wrote:
>>
>> I'm running dual G5 with 10.4.7 and QT 7.1.2.  The result after
>> executing the "start player" command doesn't seem to return anything
>> meaningful.  I get something like 66662 and the number keeps
>> incrementing every time I try it.
>
> I thought this number was something like a "media ID" that is
> returned after
> the successful start of a player (kind of like each time you create a
> control, you get a new ID).  Is this not the case?

Possibly.  I'm not sure what it is and the docs don't have anything
about the result returned.  If it is an ID I'm not sure what it would
refer to.  Are they any handlers in Rev that would use it?

I'm not sure which QT API function "start player" is calling to get
QT to  play the movie but the two possibilities that come to mind are
SetMovieRate and MCDoAction.  SetMovieRate doesn't return a value and
MCDoAction just returns an error number if there was an error.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems - www.bluemangolearning.com
trevor at bluemangolearning.com