player result codes?

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Wed Jul 19 17:42:03 EDT 2006

On Jul 19, 2006, at 2:02 PM, Phil Davis wrote:

>> Ahh.  Then I'm not sure.  Are they OS error codes by chance?  What
>> OS are you on?  Are you using QuickTime?
>
> Intel Mac
> OS 10.4.7
> QuickTime 7.1.2
> Rev 2.6.1

I'm running dual G5 with 10.4.7 and QT 7.1.2.  The result after
executing the "start player" command doesn't seem to return anything
meaningful.  I get something like 66662 and the number keeps
incrementing every time I try it.

You mentioned you wanted to check if a host machine could play
digital audio files.  Is there a codec that needs to be installed or
a minimum QT version?  Since you said the player opens the file
without any problems (no error in the result returned) I wonder if
you can check for a component.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems - www.bluemangolearning.com