Tip: Fadeout effect using blendLevel?

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto revolution at jaedworks.com
Wed Jul 19 12:38:09 EDT 2006

At 10:58 AM -0500 7/18/2006, Peter T. Evensen wrote:
>The dictionary entry for "visual effect" has a cross-reference to:
>"Tip: Fadeout effect using blendLevel"
>
>Does anyone know where I can find this tip?

Here's the text of the tip (it's pretty simpleminded as you can see):

Fade out an image using the blendLevel
You can use the visual effect command to create a transition effect.
For images, another way of creating such an effect is to use the
blendLevel property:

   repeat with x = 100 down to zero
     set the blendLevel of image 1 to x
   end repeat

Unlike visual effects, changing the blendLevel can be done during a
move command. Other operations can also be performed inside the loop.

I'm not sure what happened to the Tips stack - I think it was dropped
sometime around version 2.3 or so.
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ revolution at jaedworks.com
http://www.jaedworks.com