DreamHost In-Depth (was Re: Dreamhost?)

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Mon Jul 17 22:07:43 EDT 2006

Update:

- Although people have had success with Rev CGI on DreamHost, I was not able
to get it to work (using a variety of engines and following the steps that
I've received in email and from the Use-Rev archive). It seems to be
dependent on the particular server you're on, whether it will work or not.

- Support has not gotten back to me in less than 36 hrs for the four help
requests I've made since my earlier post.

- Speed of FTP uploads/downloads never improved, in fact they bogged down
even more since I made my last post. Uploads got as slow as 300KB/sec.

- Everything DreamHost has been down since around 6:30pm Eastern today. My
email, my website, even their own home page and control panel. Seems they
are no more reliable than my previous provider. :( Looks like I'll be going
back to my prior host, ChiHost.com. (I was able to use Rev CGI on ChiHost,
no problem.)

news:e94ep7$hlt$1 at sea.gmane.org...