getProp and setProp (was Re: Personalized Syntax)

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Mon Jul 17 18:29:44 EDT 2006

On Jul 17, 2006, at 3:58 PM, Brian Yennie wrote:

> It's only a step in the direction, but this is exactly why I've
> always thought custom getProp / setProp handlers were cool language
> magic.

I had set up some guidelines in my use of getProp and setProp to
preserve this magic, especially with a dataflow model.  I started to
work on a "theory of good properties" or something and then realized
that this may have been done by the oop crowd.

Anybody know of good articles that might apply to making good
properties or how properties work?

I have used properties for everything from meters to report layout
and content, often in layers.  Them's cool.

Dar Scott