irregular expression

Terry Vogelaar tvogelaar at de-mare.nl
Sun Jul 16 07:51:55 EDT 2006

The problem was case sensitivity indeed. Thanks for the responses.

To answer Marks question: Dar was right. The slash with the question
mark was to match zero or one slashes, so this regex also matches the
closing tags.

So it matches between "<" , followed by zero or one slashes, followed
by "a", followed by any number of characters other than ">", followed
by ">". This can never be too greedy or not greedy enough because of
the [^>]* part. Only when there would be another another tag in the
HTML file that has got nothing to do with a link, like "<address></
address>", it replaces too many instances. Luckily that doesn't
bother me in this case.

Terry

Op 15-jul-2006, om 19:00 heeft use-revolution-
request at lists.runrev.com het volgende geschreven: