Game Developers -- Call

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Sat Jul 15 12:44:56 EDT 2006

Rick,

it is not about flames, many times here, I was replying to some one
pointing them on some very different direction than the one their
we're going and yet, we can always be nice. Be honest is one thing,
but you can always write your email in a more polite way. You don't
call other peoples projects and ideas joke on public lists just
because you fell that they are a joke.  Or if you want to call it
that way, you send it as a private email.

I am working for the Kauai Hindu Monastery, I am sure many on this
list would not have accepted the same contract I did accept but I am
having the best moment of my life working with them. Its a very
inspiring thing to see your work actually helping people out there,
not only making money but actually making people live better. I am
not saying that you were wrong but that there are multiple ways of
looking into something, no one holds all the truth in their hands.

I am sure you're talking honest and that many will think just like
you and that is not wrong but someone on this list might want to
enter such project not all for the money but for something else too
and then a very nice game might emerge, I'd give all my help to see
such project fruit.

I've seen more than one small-no-budget-for-you project rise and get
the big bucks, this happened because the people who worked on it were
passionate about it and then reward came. Remember it's a game about
Hindu concepts, Hinduism has a very huge following and it also may
appeals to other crowds such as new age people or if the game is fun
enough, to gamers in general. Knowing the works of the monks in
Kauai, their magazines and books and how far they can reach, knowing
that computers and games are very popular in asia and in america
(where you have many many Hindus), I am sure such project could soar.

Don't mistake them for amateurs, they were coding and doing computer
projects and dtp since a very long time. They may be naive about game
markets, but if they trully want to make this game, I am sure it will
reach far.

PS: ... the side effect of working with Monks who are also a
publishing house is that you learn much, not only talking to them but
reading them, nothing beats walking besides Sivakatirswami listening
him explaining what is karma!

Cheers
Andre