[OT] Open Source Replacements

Bob Hartley rev at armbase.com
Sat Jul 15 05:01:35 EDT 2006

You wrote:

> I have just deleted a set of antiquated versions of Commercial programs
> for 3 reasons:
>
> 1. No money to stump up for the newer versions.
>
> 2. A bit tired of having to rely on platform dependent programs as I now
> seem to use Mac, Win and Lin.
>
> 3. I have found FREE replacements:
>
> GIMP replaces Photoshop:  http://gimp-app.sourceforge.net/

Not free but really cheap and far closer to photoshop than GIMP (although
there is PSgimp) is pixel32/

http://www.kanzelsberger.com/pixel/?page_id=12

The license states itis personal use so you can slap it on as many machines
as possible as long as itis only you that uses it.I have it on Linux and
windows machines. I'm the only one that uses it. PS Ialso have a legal PS on
one machien (supplied from work) but still use Pixel.

cheers
bbo