Dependence on Programming Experts

Ian Wood revlist at azurevision.co.uk
Fri Jul 14 13:26:12 EDT 2006

On 14 Jul 2006, at 17:00, Troy Rollins wrote:

> On Jul 14, 2006, at 1:23 AM, Judy Perry wrote:
>
>> And, again, it's not that I don't get x = 5 (or whatever).  But
>> pretty
>> soon we'll be looking at the most "modern" version of Lingo and it's
>> not pretty.  Or learnable by normal humans.
>
> The fact that Lingo is probably the most successful xtalk in
> history would seem to conflict with your expert opinion.
>
> --
> Troy

As a Rev user who has been learning Director recently, I have to say
that the hybrid nature of Lingo is an absolute pain for legibility
after using a 'pure' xtalk such as Transcript. If it was all dot
syntax it would be fine, if it was all xtalk it would be fine - but
my brain does not cope well with both at once.

Ian