Dependence on Programming Experts

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Thu Jul 13 15:30:56 EDT 2006

Rob,

I think the point being made is that no, it wouldn't, and it also would
not break any of your SDB code.
Your example of:

set the disabled of button "Previous Record" to (recordNumber = 1)

Would still work, because the script parser/compiler could easily
determine that "(recordNumber = 1)" is an expression, and use of the
"=" operator in an expression would still evaluate to "true / false".

Allowing a single line to read:
x = 5

In no way implies that any code would necessarily be broken anywhere
else. It would JUST allow that statement. Of course an overhaul of the
whole use of "=" could affect tons of code, but it's not necessary in
order to just support the single-line assignment construct.