Colour of a pixel?

John Tregea john at debraneys.com
Thu Jul 13 05:04:27 EDT 2006

I thought if I could extract the RGB values from pixels in a picture I
could solve my concern about storing a password that may be read by
someone peaking at the source code of a built rev app.

So I take a short text string
repeat through each character in the string
convert each character to a number using chartoNum()
get the value of that pixel in a particular image ("red" value for even
numbers and "green" value for odd numbers)
convert the returned number to a character using numtochar()
put the original char and the returned pixel colour (converted to a
character) after a temp string to build up a new string
base64encode the new string and use that as my password. :-)

Cheers

John T