Quicktime VR, 3D, and Revolution

Ian Wood revlist at azurevision.co.uk
Thu Jul 13 04:33:25 EDT 2006

You do NOT need a 600 Euro program such as Stitcher to make QTVR
files via 3D apps.

1. Generate six 90 degree square images - n,s,w,e plus straight up
and down. Think cube faces.
2. Stick these cube faces together as a QTVR file, using free or
cheap software.

Windows - use Thomas Rauscher's Pano2QTVR <http://www.pano2qtvr.com/
 >, free or 'pro' version.
Mac - either Apple's free MakeCubic (you'll need to experiment with
the order of the filenames) from <http://developer.apple.com/
quicktime/quicktimeintro/tools/> or for more control the $49
CubicConverter from <http://www.clickheredesign.com.au/cubicconverter/>.

Ian