fstab

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Wed Jul 12 12:17:11 EDT 2006

Bob-

> Examining other fstab's, there is a variation in the way the floppy and
> CD-rom appear (if they appear at all).

> The first word for the floppy can be
> /dev/fd0

> The second word for the floppy can be
> /media/floppy0
> /mnt/floppy
> etc.

I do think you should be looking at the first entry here instead of
the second. My admittedly partial understanding of the fstab file is
that the first column specifies the device itself and the second
column tells the OS where to mount it. The mount point is normally
/mnt, but not always (SuSE in particular uses /media).

What does the /dev/fd0 entry in your fstab look like? And what are
your user privileges when you're logged in looking at it?

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net