[OT] Market Share

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Wed Jul 12 10:27:37 EDT 2006

Hi Troy,

>I have a new state-of-the-art tablet PC. It is a heavy piece of
>poorly-designed junk. Until the entire market matures it isn't worth
>spending much time on IMO

Is your TPC a "convertible" design [essentially a laptop where the
screen folds over backwards] or a "slate" design [no attached
keyboard]?  If the former, you made the wrong hardware choice,
IMO.  Why lug a keyboard everywhere when it isn't necessary?

And are you running WinXP TPC Edition 2005?  If not, you don't have
"state-of-the-art" TPC technology.  Edition 2005 includes many
improvements over the original TPC Edition.

You are faulting the hardware, which is but one example of many
hardware vendors' offerings.  The essence of the TPC is in the O/S,
which is the same on all TPCs (that shipped with or upgraded to, Edition 2005).

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company