quicktime 3D

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Tue Jul 11 23:43:55 EDT 2006

I'm boycotting Lightwave these days. While they have a great product,
and I'm a big fan of the company, they recently hired a person to run
their 3D division, who has been nothing but trouble for all his
customers in the past. In fact, in all my years, I have never seen
such a customer unfriendly person as this guy was when he ran Electric
Image. If you know the company, then you know the person.

Besides, there are so many other great modelers out there which don't
force you to use a USB lock key (and end up losing it). The Lightwave
renderer is really good, but for single images, I prefer Vue.

Troy, if you haven't seen my Vue tutorials, you should take a peek
when you get a chance. There are some very interesting (and simple)
ways you can model things directly in Vue.

Yeah, I agree about the interface...too bad. If you're going to
provide a non-standard interface, then you need to do at least as good
a job as the native platform you're running on (aka MODO).

best,
Chipp