someone's quote

Robert Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Mon Jul 10 11:59:04 EDT 2006

> "Philosophical problems are confusions arising owing to the
> fluidity of meanings users attach to words and phrases."
>                                        Mathewson, 2006

I beg to differ. Mathewson thinks all philosophical problems are
merely misunderstandings. (I suppose he must mean that if everyone
knew what he really meant, they would all agree with him.)

That is pretty simplistic I think. I would rather say, "Philosophical
problems are conflicts of views arising from the human penchant for
deciding what kind of world they think the world ought to be, and
then trying to fit what they know into that preconception." I just
made that up by the way. Quote me if you like. ;-)

Bob Sneidar
IT Manager
Logos Management
Calvary Chapel CM