Rev for Linux "Seal of Approval"

Rishi Viner rishi at puredata.com.au
Sun Jul 9 21:04:42 EDT 2006

On Friday 07 July 2006 17:12, Chipp Walters wrote:
> We do have something running in the labs right now. But really, is
> there enough of an installed user base of Rev developers in Linux to
> make it a commercially viable product? Besides, aren't most Linux
> users wanting NOT TO PAY for stuff?

Chipp, that is probably a bit of an old fashioned view of Linux users,
although what you say is fair enough, given its past. More and more I am
seeing commercial users choosing Linux. Because of that, more and more
commercial and proprietary software is being produced for Linux users. Still,
it is a drop in the ocean really..

> Are you willing to shell out, say $200 for such an add-on? If not,
> what is the 'right price?'
> Frankly, it's pretty hard making any kind of money developing add-ons
> for Rev in the Mac/PC space, much less than Linux. Just because there
> is one or two loud voices, doesn't mean there is a business
> opportunity for us in Linux.

I would pay that if I had a need, but my software is mostly in-house stuff and
right now I don't have the need for a browser. Which I guess confirms that
the market may be very small, as it is only a part of what is already a small
group...

--
Rishi Viner