Open .tiff files in Rev?

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Sun Jul 9 08:50:11 EDT 2006

Hi Ian,
> On 9 Jul 2006, at 10:46, Garrett Hylltun wrote:
>
>> On Jul 9, 2006, at 2:12 AM, Ian Wood wrote:
>>>
>>>  A player object also doesn't have the image size limitation of
>>> image objects on OS X.
>>
>> Thanks, but this also reminds me of another question.  I could
>> swear that just the other day someone posted some code that allows
>> you get the proper dimensions of an image.  Does anyone still have
>> that email?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -Garrett
>
> Once the file is loaded up you can get the formattedWidth and
> formattedHeight of the player or image.
>
> On OS X 10.3 and above you can also use Image Events via
> Applescript, in a similar way to being able to convert formats. Of
> course, that's not much use fro cross-platform work...

Here is a little script that will display the dimensions of any QT/OS
X compatible image file:

   answer file "select image..."
   put QUOTE & it & QUOTE into bild
   ## "bild" = german for image
   get shell("sips -g  pixelHeight" && bild)
   put last word of it into tHeight
   get shell("sips -g  pixelWidth" && bild)
   put last word of it into tWidth
   put tWidth & "," & tHeight into fld 1

IT comes in this format:

/Volumes/Ablage/RRMC/image.png