Modifying the IDE was:Modifying Keyboard Shortcuts in Script Editor

Troy Rollins troy_lists at rpsystems.net
Fri Jul 7 20:52:28 EDT 2006

On Jul 7, 2006, at 4:43 PM, Sarah Reichelt wrote:

> Eric Chatonet wrote a plugin for doing this sort of thing which you
> might find a good replacement.
> It's near the bottom of this page:
> <http://www.sosmartsoftware.com/?r=revolution&l=en>

Thanks for the advise. This looks like a really nice plugin stack
which I am now using, but it doesn't seem to deal with messages which
are set TO the message box via "PUT" statements. The original IDE
hacks included the ability to accumulate data in the bottom part of
the message box. Makes it more useful for debugging as it doesn't
wipe messages before you can see them. Currently I'm using a separate
window with a field, but I'd rather use the message box since that
window is open anyway. I also know that I can "put x after message"
but that starts to take away from the nice simplicity of the message
box...

Or did I miss something about how Eric's tool works?

--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.