Font Menu

Cubist at aol.com Cubist at aol.com
Fri Jul 7 16:49:40 EDT 2006

In a message dated 7/7/06 11:26:34 AM, Chris Carroll-Davis
<asgg35 at dsl.pipex.com> writes:
>On 7 Jul 2006, at 13:27, Chris Carroll-Davis wrote:

>> Is there a simple way of implementing a font/size menu?
>>
>> I'm *sure* this must have been asked before, but I can't find any
>> references to it.  I was hoping that it might be able to create it
>> automatically like the File, Edit and Help options in the Menu
>> Builder.  (I can dream can't I?)
>Erhm.
>
>Ignore this.  (*embarrassed cough*)
>
>Realised it is only 3 lines of code.  :-)
   The minimal implementation may well take only three lines of code... but
what if you want to get fancy about things? For instance, the 3-liner will give
you a menu in which SpiffyFont takes up three lines in the menu (i.e.,
SpiffyFont Light, SpiffyFont Regular, and SpiffyFont Bold). Wouldn't it be nice if
every font was just a single line in the font menu, and you had a submenu for
every font that's got style-variants? Another possible complication that could
make life harder for *you*, and easier for *users*: Put recently-used fonts on
top of the menu, in addition being to their usual place.