Modifying the IDE was:Modifying Keyboard Shortcuts in Script Editor

Troy Rollins troy_lists at rpsystems.net
Fri Jul 7 14:20:41 EDT 2006

On Jul 7, 2006, at 2:08 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> You know, I'd really advise against modifying the Rev IDE very
> much. It is a inter-dependent web of scripts with millions of lines
> of code, and changing any one thing can cause problems elsewhere --
> at least until you've gone over all their code and have a good idea
> what you can change and what you can't. It would be very easy to
> break something without realizing it.

On the topic of modifying the IDE. Some years ago Jeanne Devoto and
others helped me modify the message box to accumulate output, and
have a scrolling field for it, which kept scrolled to the bottom. The
output box was cleared via a command rather than on each entry. (This
behavior is how Director's message window works, and I grew
accustomed to it over the years.) Needless to say, after many Rev
installations and updates, I've misplaced the scripts related to
doing this.

I remember it didn't involve much to do it, but every time I go back
to see if I could figure out what was done, I tell myself not to mess
in the IDE because I really don't know what I'm doing in there.

Does anyone recall how this is done? Thanks.

--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.