Modifying Keyboard Shortcuts in Script Editor

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Jul 7 14:08:16 EDT 2006

Ray Horsley wrote:
> Anybody have a quick-and-easy way to modify keyboard shortcuts in the
> menubar which comes up when Rev's Script Editor is opened in the
> debugging mode?  For example, it's extremely time consuming to step
> through a script without keyboard shortcuts for Step Over, Step Into,
> and Run.

You know, I'd really advise against modifying the Rev IDE very much. It
is a inter-dependent web of scripts with millions of lines of code, and
changing any one thing can cause problems elsewhere -- at least until
you've gone over all their code and have a good idea what you can change
and what you can't. It would be very easy to break something without
realizing it.

There are keyboard shortcuts built-in to do most things anyway. The
space bar steps into each line of script when debugging, shift-space
steps over, command-period aborts, the Enter key applies a script, and
two Enter keys applies and closes the editor.

There are lots of other keyboard shortcuts available too, which you can
look up by opening the documentation, and clicking the Search icon at
the far right of the docs window. Hold down the mouse on the Dictionary
button in the palette that appears, and choose Quick Reference Guides.
You'll see a whole list of valuable info in there, including a shortcuts
reference.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com