standalone application problem

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 02:47:12 EDT 2006

On 7/7/06, Michael Robinson <robinsongroup at verizon.net> wrote:
> I am having a problem with Revolution 2.7.2 that I never had with
> previous versions!
> After building a standalone application and opening it, the main
> stack seems to  works OK, it is when you create a new file ( cloning
> of a sub-stack ) the new file is created but does not work just
> right, almost like it does not know who it is or where is located.
>
> 1) It will not open a drawer that is in a preopenstack handler until
> it is closed and reopened 1 time, but it will open the drawer from
> the menu the first time.
>
> 2) It will create a new document when the file is created, but will
> not import information from another file until it is opened & closed
> 2 times.

Hi Mike,

I noticed you ask this a few days ago, but as I had no answers to
give, I didn't respond. As you are now tearing your hair out, I'll
suggest a few things to check.

When you clone your sub-stack, does it appear OK?
When you save it, does the save work? (check 'the result' after a save.)
After saving, check "the filename" of your new stack.
Is it saving in the default folder or are you specifying the complete path?
When you try to open it again, do you specify the complete path?
Remember that when you clone a stack, it is a mainStack and does not
inherit the scripts from your original mainStack. You can allow for
this, either by setting it's mainStack, or by "start using" your
original mainStack so it is available to all stacks, whether they are
it's own sub-stacks or not.
Is the preOpenStack message passed when you clone a stack? Maybe you
need to send it a few ticks after the cloning.
After cloning, try delaying subsequent things using send in time and
see if that helps.

As you can see, I don't really have any great ideas, but these
thoughts may get you started towards a diagnosis.

Cheers,
Sarah