fstab

Bob Warren bobwarren at howsoft.com
Thu Jul 6 19:12:28 EDT 2006

Bob Warren wrote:
 >> That works fine on Ubuntu, but for other distros the fstab is either in
 >> a different place or it doesn't even seem to exist!

Mark Wieder wrote:

I'm sure you've done more testing of this than I have, so excuse my
incredulity here, but fstab is one of the cornerstones of *nix. Can
you point me to some where it doesn't exist? Solaris is the only
exception I know of, where the file is called vfstab.

You are quite right to insist. I sometimes suffer from blindness and old
age. If you are right and I am wrong, that would indeed be a good thing!
I'll look into it again and let you know what I find/don't find.

Regards,
Bob