FTP process doesn't complete

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Thu Jul 6 09:35:10 EDT 2006

On 6 Jul 2006, at 12:59, stevex64 wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm making a simple ftp client for a customer. They click a button
> to select
> a file and it automatically starts the upload. Server, username,
> password
> are all built in to the app so the user doesn't have to know
> anything but to
> click the button and find the file.
>
> This works fine on my laptop running WinXP, but it doesn't work
> right on 2
> desktop pc's running the same OS. I have a text field that displays
> n bytes
> of nnn bytes uploaded, just the default upload status message. When
> the file
> is fully uploaded, that text is supposed to change to "file upload
> successful". On the two pc's where it doesn't work, it gets to nnn
> bytes of
> nnn bytes uploaded and then goes no further. It doesn't say the
> upload was
> successful, and when I finally kill the process, the file has not been
> uploaded to the ftp server.
>
> Any ideas? Thanks for any help!

First, what version of libUrl are you using? Some changes were added
in 1.1.5 which overcame some problems similar to what you describe.
You can get the latest version here (1.1.6):

   http://www.lacscentre.co.uk/liburl/releases.html

If that doesn't help, try following Martin's suggestions.

Cheers
Dave