FTP process doesn't complete

stevex64 stevex64 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 6 07:59:00 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I'm making a simple ftp client for a customer. They click a button to select
a file and it automatically starts the upload. Server, username, password
are all built in to the app so the user doesn't have to know anything but to
click the button and find the file.

This works fine on my laptop running WinXP, but it doesn't work right on 2
desktop pc's running the same OS. I have a text field that displays n bytes
of nnn bytes uploaded, just the default upload status message. When the file
is fully uploaded, that text is supposed to change to "file upload
successful". On the two pc's where it doesn't work, it gets to nnn bytes of
nnn bytes uploaded and then goes no further. It doesn't say the upload was
successful, and when I finally kill the process, the file has not been
uploaded to the ftp server.

Any ideas? Thanks for any help!

Steve Ralston