Dependence on Programming Experts

Dan Shafer revolutionary.dan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 02:42:13 EDT 2006

Greg.....

For one who accuses others of lacking social skills, yours are a tad
unpolished. Why would you want to insult those of us who have taken the time
and trouble to learn these "primal grunts and groans" to master a skill that
would, if you mastered it, accomplish what you set out to do?

You want a tool that will let you achieve all your dreams without having to
do anything out of the ordinary to do so. Dream on. Ain't gonna happen. The
ideas you set out are bright, intriguing and powerful. They are not going to
be accomplished without *significant* software programming effort on
*someone's* part.

What is "alien and unnatural" to you is "natural and accessible" to those of
us who have toiled in the software vineyards with far more cryptic
machine-like languages for years and years...decades even.