Dependence on Programming Experts

Garrett Hylltun garrett at paraboliclogic.com
Wed Jul 5 23:43:59 EDT 2006

J. Landman Gay wrote:
[snip]
> But as Greg says, not everyone wants to be a programmer. I'm not sure
> how Rev could dumb itself down enough to do what Greg wants without any
> programming at all. I think Media with its templates is a step in the
> right direction, but Rev is definitely a programming environment and
> without at least some scripting it can only do so much.

I just read what he says he wants to do.  Adventure Game Kits and such.
  In that context, there's just no way around the infamous word
*Programming*.

I'm not really familiar with KeyNote, but I do understand "Presentation"
tools, and I do not think that any presentation tool is going to be able
to accomplish what he wants.

Greg, did you know that Myst was originally written in HyperCard, the
inspiration for MetaCard, which is now Revolution?  So if you're
thinking of really taking that Myst like creation kit to a final
product, then you know for sure that Rev can accomplish it.

Well anyway, I think you've got enough research into this now on the Rev
side.  With all the replies I read, there was some excellent advice and
information there.  It's up to you now and how dedicated to your
projects that you want to be.

-Garrett