Reset Locals?

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Wed Jul 5 22:18:13 EDT 2006

On Jul 5, 2006, at 6:37 PM, Scott Rossi wrote:

> OK, script local variables are persistent now in 2.7.x.  In the
> readme, if I
> read it correctly, it appears one must do the following to reset
> the local
> values:
>
>   set the script of <targetobject> to tNewScript
>
> Is this correct?  Do we really need to set the script to itself (or
> another
> script) to reset the variables?
>
> The above works here, but this process seems to be, well, unusual.
> I would
> think I would be able to somehow access the local variables via
> script and
> reset them.  Please let me know if I'm missing something.

Scott,

script locals are only preserved across script compilation if you

set the preserveVariables to true

Otherwise 2.7 behaves as previous engines.  If you set
preserveVariables to true AND you want your script locals to reset
each time you compile then declare them as follows:

local myVariable = ""

This gives the variable a default value each time the script
compiles.  If you want the variable to retain it's value even after a
script is compiled then declare it like this:

local myVariable

Hope this makes sense,

--
Trevor DeVore