Linux on PPC and RR

Martin Baxter mb.ur at harbourhosting.co.uk
Wed Jul 5 17:44:36 EDT 2006

Garrett Hylltun wrote:
> Richmond Mathewson wrote:
> [snip]
>> Does this mean that:
>>
>> Runtime Revolution for Linux only works on Intel machines?

Yes. Some years back there was a PPC version of RR for linux, but it was
dropped, around about version 2, I think, due to tiny demand. I remember
because that was shortly after I installed PPC linux on my Mac in order
to try it out.

>> PS. By the way . . . has anybody else discoverd "GIMPSHOP" ? its GIMP
>> "tarted up" for those of
>> us who got used to Photoshop but can no longer stump up the money -
>> its really very good indeed!

Promising. And not too bad on OSX where it originates, but the Windows
port was somewhat buggy when I ran it on XP here.

If nothing else it allows old Photoshoppers such as I a chance at a
comparative evaluation without years of study. Looking at GimpShop I
quickly came to the conclusion that Photoshop features I use all the
time don't appear to have an equivalent. Which was disappointing. Course
I may not have looked hard enough - I have to do some work occasionally,
ain't life cruel? But I'm keeping an eye on the Gimp.