What's The Verdict, Web or Not?

Alex Shaw alex at harryscollar.com
Wed Jul 5 12:05:53 EDT 2006

Hi

I really hope "AJAX" gets replaced with something better.. & soon
because it can be a pain to implement :)

.. especially when compared to a tool like rev, which as an all-round
development tool makes the same things possible with less hassle.

AJAX does what is does but can not be considered to be as a productive
tool as any good IDE.

Rev has come a long way in many aspects to the Metacard days but isn't
perfect.. damn I wish we had a better default table object :)

Adobe's Flash has also come along way but like AJAX it's main delivery
device is a internet browser.

Where does that leave us rev-users? Well we've recently had Altuit's
great altBrowser so now we can embed a browser instance into out own
interfaces... great!

A rev plugin would be nice but I'd rather have a better rev.

Bring on multi-threading.. bring on the ability to easily access data in
a stack file without loading the whole frigging thing into memory.. back
to basics that make computer languages useful.

Personally I don't want to built a better internet browser, I want to
build better software.

I also think the plugin path is a long path that may not satisfy
everyone unless it is a simple process for the end user.

Anyway.. just my 2c

regards
alex