Finding in reverse

Robert Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Wed Jul 5 11:55:12 EDT 2006

Is there a way to scan a text string from end to beginning for
something without using a loop? I am trying to "be binary" (for those
of you conference goers) and I am trying to extract just a file's
name from the full path. It seems to be something of a difficult
thing to do in a one liner.

What would have helped is if the offset function had some way to
reverse directions, like an arguement that made offset work end to
beginning. Foxpro has 2 functions that are similar, AT() and RAT().
The R is for reverse obviously, and the number is for occurances not
characters to skip. Oh well. Maybe we need an roffset() function. :-)

Bob Sneidar
IT Manager
Logos Management
Calvary Chapel CM