A Newbie's ramblings.

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Tue Jul 4 22:37:20 EDT 2006

Barry,

Dan Shafer and I recently finished hosting RevConWest in Monterey, CA.
It was IMO a wonderful success. Kevin Miller and Lynn Fredricks from
RR were both there and answered many of the same questions.

As an Enterprise user myself, and one who uses Rev to make a living,
I've been very pleased with the rapid updates and bug fixes in 2.7.
For, as Kevin explained, 2.7 was a very big overhaul of the graphics
engine to put Rev in place to do all the wonderful things which are
now present in modern day OS'es. Any type of endeavor of that
magnitude will introduce bugs. In fact, I found a few of them myself
as a beta-tester, but feel strongly it's a good enough release to have
announced our newest product, ButtonGadget2, with support for Rev 2.7
(www.buttongadget.com). We are also a strong 3rd party supporter of RR
as well, and you can read case-studies, download free plugins and see
some of our Rev 3rd party products at:

www.altuit.com

Good luck with Rev and welcome to the community!