A Newbie's ramblings.

Garrett Hylltun garrett at paraboliclogic.com
Tue Jul 4 03:10:51 EDT 2006

barryb at libero.it wrote:
> May I chip in?
> I have just finished my trial period of Media. Seems to be what I have been looking for since Hypercard days. However, I am a bit put-off buying by the several posts on this list about bugs in the latest version. Have they or will they all be sorted out soon?

No and Never.  As they fix one bug, and skip one, they create another
bug.  If I were you, I'd just consider them as features and not bugs.
Not that they aren't trying work out bug, because they are, but it seems
like they'll never actually get on top of all of them.

[snip]
> As for the List itself. Isn't the PC/Mac controversy ever going to drop out of places like this? I have room on my desk for both as well as a Penquin box. Revolution is a product that knocks down the barricades, let's try not to rebuild them!
> Maybe people who cite dubious data about Marketing Shares might like to contemplate the following:
>  "Statistics are like bikinis, what they show is interesting but what they hide is essential!".

This list has a good mix of Mac, Win and Linux.  In my short time here I
have rarely seen any debates about which is better and such.

-Garrett