[OT] Market Share

Wolfgang Bereuter wmb at internettrainer.com
Mon Jul 3 09:43:26 EDT 2006

On 02.07.2006, at 00:48, Chipp Walters wrote:

> It really wasn't the cost of ownership (Macs were still VERY
> expensive), but rather the business cost to us which forced the
> change. Since then, I've used both Macs and PCs and I just happen to
> prefer PCs (for a variety of reasons which I won't go into as I'm
> really not interested in stoking a platform religious war).

-- snip ---

> BTW, just ran across another Apple Upbeat market share article which
> claim Apple has less than 2% market share worldwide. Though it does
> predict better market share to come:
> http://yahoo.businessweek.com/technology/content/jun2006/
> tc20060615_080175.htm
>
> I, too, enjoy this discussion :-)

Chipp, you are very IT focused...
If M$ has 80% or 85% or 90% - no matter: Its a pest anyway: Its a
monopol. Monopols will be killed sooner or later. This world lives
since billions of years from/in diversity. That diversity has killed
much bigger animals than M$.

M$ is about 30 years. Less than a nanoseconds in the evolution? Big
as a microfuruncle on the scrotum of the planet. But shouldnt we
better crush it until it makes us impotent?
Or better: shouldnt the intelligent US people better crush it until
it makes them impotent?
It will make them impotent, much less potent as they are now, or do
you really think India and China will "buy!" Billions of M$ Licenses
in this century?

regards
wolfgang bereuter

PS: I hope I have it right expressed in english...
See <http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html>

traips! photolearning trainingsmaps
http://www.traips.org
http://www.internettrainer.com