how to implement a activation code?

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Mon Jul 3 01:28:08 EDT 2006

a) Rev isn't going to tell you how they do it ;)

b) That basically *is* how they do it -- encoding an expiry date into the
key -- but using a much more sophisticated algorithm. To the best of my
knowledge, the Rev app doesn't "phone home."

- You register online to receive a key
- Their server system creates a key which embeds the version number, expiry
date, and perhaps other information
- They email the key to you
- Your copy of Rev decrypts the key and unlocks the software according to
the rules embedded in the key itself

"Robert Mann" <robmann at gp-racing.com> wrote in
message news:JPEJKOGMGBLMGMPIHNKCCEIPEPAA.robmann at gp-racing.com...