[OT] Market Snare

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Sun Jul 2 12:53:15 EDT 2006

Jobs' contributions a lot more than Bill Gates'. As I see it, he
didn't invent anything...just resold or stole stuff that others did.

I get tired of hearing what a genius he is, compared to the
'greatness' of Edison, etc...

Actually, that's what Edison did....stole from and exploited others
and claimed the credit.

Anyway, I'm glad Jobs came back. He killed Copeland and started the
road to a stable MacOS  that took years - many companies would not
have looked so far ahead. And he hired some good people to make the
new OS. Apple wouldn't exist now if he hadn't come back.

It is perplexing that Jobs was so vehement about shutting HC down -
Hypercard was one of the most Mac-like products out there - an
extension of the Mac desktop. Perhaps he thought Applescript was all
we needed.

sqb

--
stephen barncard