Valentina external on OS X

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Sat Jul 1 16:12:34 EDT 2006

On Jul 1, 2006, at 10:22 AM, James Spencer wrote:

> I'm trying to try out the demo Valentina external without success
> so far.  Attempts to initialize with:
>
> get Valentina_Init( 10 * 1024 * 1024  )
>
> fails with a syntax error, I assume because the external is not
> being seen by Rev. I've set my stack's exteral property to:
>
> "/Applications/Revolution Studio/2.7.2-gm-1/Externals/Database
> Drivers/VXCMD_macho.bundle"
>
> which appears to be the correct path to the external.  Any guesses
> as to what is wrong here?
>
> G5 running OS 10.4.7 and Rev Studio 2.7.2.

James,

It appears that you are trying to load the RevDB valentina driver as
an external which won't work.  If you want to use the Valentina
external itself you need to download it from the
www.paradigmasoft.com.  Valentina 2 has instructions for
installation.  If you want to use the Valentina 1 external you can
put that into the:

~/Documents/My Revolution Studio/Externals/

folder and the next time you launch rev the external will be
available in the Revolution development environment.  To check type
this in the msg box:

put the externalPackages of stack "home"

and you should see Valentina XCMD (or something like that) in the
result.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems - www.bluemangolearning.com