using stacks on multiple computers

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Tue Jan 31 13:34:39 EST 2006

On 1/31/06 9:49 AM, "Aminda O'Hare" <aminda at ku.edu> wrote:

> I recently made a Revolution card stack on one PC. I have since
> transferred it to another PC in my lab that only runs the Dreamcard
> Player. My card stack will not work on this computer. Could anyone
> tell me if there's anything special I need to do to run a stack from
> one computer on another?

You *should* be able to use the DC Player, although if you're trying to
2x-click on the file to launch the Player, sometimes that doesn't work. You
should be able to drag-and-drop the file onto the DC Player, or launch DC
Player and then open it from "inside".

If you continue to have problems with the DC Player, you may want to
consider my freeware StackRunner that is a "stripped down" version of the DC
Player with a way to configure it to automatically run certain stacks when
launched (among other things). Comes in Mac, Windows, and Linux flavors. :-)
You can get more info at:

  http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/revolution/downloads/StackRunner.htm

HTH,

Ken Ray