Can I export an animated GIF?

graham samuel graham.samuel at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jan 31 12:06:01 EST 2006

Thanks to Chipp, Klaus, Jacqueline and Richard for picking this up! I
see there are solutions to exporting the animated GIF, although not
one that simply parks it on the clipboard: still, it can be done.

Yes, I am pursuing the problem of corruption which I'd earlier
reported to RR support and which was mentioned by Jacqueline: at
present I'm eliminating images in order to look for the bad one,
while trying to make sure that the script still goes on running.
There doesn't seem any other way of pinning down the offending
graphic, if that indeed is the source of the problem.

I assume that if I export an image to the clipboard and recreate it
in a graphic app (say GraphicConverter on OSX), then it won't be
corrupt any more - I wonder if this is true? I can't quite imagine
what this corruption consists of: if we can see the image and
manipulate it, what else is there to go wrong? I realise this just
shows my lack of imagination.

> Chipp Walters wrote:
>
> This seemed to work for me. It can export the GIF one frame at a time.
> Then you'll need a GIF animator program to reassemble.
>
> You might try choosing PNG instead of GIF as the intermediary
> format as
> it's not subject to losslessness.
>
> on mouseUp
>    set the repeatcount of last img to 0
>    ask "frame Number:" with "1"
>    if it is not a number then exit mouseUp
>    set the currentframe of last img to it
>    ask file ""
>    if it is empty then exit to top
>    export last image to URL ("binfile:" & it) as GIF
>    answer the result
> end mouseUp

>> Klaus wrote
>>
>> you can:

>>    put img 1 into url("binfile:filename.gif")
>>
>> works here for animated gifs!

Back to the grindstone...

Graham