Can I export an animated GIF?

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Mon Jan 30 21:30:54 EST 2006

This seemed to work for me. It can export the GIF one frame at a time.
Then you'll need a GIF animator program to reassemble.

You might try choosing PNG instead of GIF as the intermediary format as
it's not subject to losslessness.

on mouseUp
   set the repeatcount of last img to 0
   ask "frame Number:" with "1"
   if it is not a number then exit mouseUp
   set the currentframe of last img to it
   ask file ""
   if it is empty then exit to top
   export last image to URL ("binfile:" & it) as GIF
   answer the result
end mouseUp