COM, jScript, VB etc.

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Mon Jan 30 19:01:44 EST 2006

Hello list fellows,

I am working on a project that needs to exchange info with iTunes on
WindowsXP and need some advice. I know that in order to communicate
with iTunes in a proficient manner I need to access COM on the PC and
that many languages will do that. What I need to know is what is the
best choice as far as ease of use/learning and integration with
Transcript.

I would prefer to execute some scripts from with in a Rev standalone
that do not require an install of any scripting engine on the XP
side. For the Mac side I am going to probably use applescript from
within Rev and want a similar thing on the PC side.

Is there a scripting language pre installed on the PC side. I thought
that jscript or something was on all pc's where explorer is present.

Tom

Thomas J McGrath III
3mcgrath at adelphia.net

Lazy River Software™ - http://www.lazyriversoftware.com