Crashing app - guidance?

graham samuel graham.samuel at wanadoo.fr
Sun Jan 29 06:06:55 EST 2006

Hi

I've been developing an app for a long time. I'm still testing it
under the RR IDE and it's suddenly started to cause both the OSX and
Windows XP versions of RR 2.6.1 to crash: in the OSX version you get
an actual 'unexpected quit' after which the program gets stuck (not
quitting) and has to be forced to quit; on Windows, at about the same
point in the program the window display goes haywire with windows
(individual stacks) remaining on the screen after having been hidden
or closed, but not being 'really' there, i.e. not responding to mouse
clicks, plus other graphic problems like multiple images. I even
tried making a standalone on OSX, but that crashed too.

The nearest line of code I can find to the crash is

disable me

in a button - pretty harmless, huh?

This app has worked fine for a long time - well, there have been
plenty of bugs, but they haven't crashed Rev. I've written to RR
Support and am hoping for a response, but meanwhile has anyone any
suggestions about how to track this down? I'm assuming one small part
of my app is corrupt (tho of course this shouldn't really crash RR),
but reverting to old backups would be a pain, since the latest mods
have been fairly extensive, so I am hoping I can find the offending
item.

TIA

Graham