Copyright issue with RevGoURL commands?

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Wed Jan 25 14:25:10 EST 2006

Hi Richard,

Le 25 janv. 06 à 19:30, Richard Gaskin a écrit :

> It's not so much a copyright concern as one of lost revenue.
> Search engine sites make their money from advertising, and
> automated searches nullify the value of such advertising.

As you know it, I was concerned by this possible issue with my
Resources Picker plugin and, now, with the future Rev Search Engine.
All you say is right but I don't think that using revGoUrl (that
displays the Google pages in your browser) should be a problem.
As soon as you pop-up a browser and don't distort its contents,
actually it's all benefice for Google :-)
You can type in the entry box; why would you not be able to use any
convenient process to paste an url in your browser entry box?
The problem comes when you use *internally* the Google search engine
and display only what you want into your own app.
And this, I do understand it.

Best Regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet