Discontinued Software, The Law, Morals and Hypercard

Mathewson richmond at mail.maclaunch.com
Sun Jan 22 16:52:15 EST 2006

Jacqueline Landman Gay is entirely correct: James Spencer
did not have to apologise - my interpretation of his advice
was both MINE and WRONG. The only unfortunate note was
James Spencer's choice of epithets.

Laws, Rules, Morals are all subject to interpretation by
individuals: James Spencer by his light gave me what he
felt was the correct advice: my subsequent response was
what I thought, at the time, was correct. Subsequently, in
the light of James Spencer's response and the helpful
posting of Scott Kane, I revised my opinion.

I do hope others are readin these messages so they don't
have to go through this unfortunate process as I have just
done. I suspect that many do continuously as what is
'pirate' software and what is not is not always clearly
defined.

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson
See Mathewson's software at:

http://members.maclaunch.com/richmond/default.html