Discontinued Software, The Law, Morals and Hypercard

Mathewson richmond at mail.maclaunch.com
Sun Jan 22 14:59:36 EST 2006

Well, I for one have got the message re what constitutes
pirate software: so don't expect free copies of anything
except the odd stack I have developed with my licensed copy
of Dreamcard.

And I feel much more positive about Scott Kane - he not
seeing it necessary to use offensive language such as
'turkey'.

I am also aware in a way which some list-users seem not to
be that there is normally a FREE and LEGAL way to go about
almost anything in the computer world: hence my posting
about "sneak peeker".

Mind you, I am still in the dark about what "BSA" stands
for (although I can think of some fairly ribald
possibilities).

I would reiterate my suggestion that developers who have
had no experience with Hypercard and want to see what it
looked like and how it worked fo the root of downloading
the IIGS version and trying it out in an emulator such as
'Bernie to the Rescue'.

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson
See Mathewson's software at:

http://members.maclaunch.com/richmond/default.html